Sunday, March 1, 2009

Welcome to Week 13 and The Second Trimester!

All About Us

I've decided that I would like to bring Will Ferrell with me every where I go. When things get stressful, he can help everyone break out in a Spartan cheer to lighten the mood. At least that's what he's done here in our home tonight. As you know, Jason has been working tirelessly on tiling the floor. As everything was put back in place and all was like it was, the toilet started leaking. This toilet has been what I like to refer to as a big, fat pimple that won't go away (believe me, I know). Jason keeps fixing it (all new insides, new bolts, new wax ring, new shut-off valve) but there is a new layer of problems after each fix is made. What do you do for a man who wants to fix everything, but has exhausted all of his options? I've found that if you listen to him, feed him, do his laundry, and give him Will Ferrell, everything will work out in the end. Toilets will fix themselves. And if not, you can always dig a hole in the backyard.















Take a look at this masterpiece! Our new foyer and powder room look amazing, thanks to my handy husband. I must admit, I had the fabulous job of peeling off the wallpaper border. Note to self - never, ever wallpaper anything. If you could see a before picture, you would notice these differences - new paint, new vanity, new faucet, new vanity top, and most important - new floor!

Our Doctor's appointment this week was everything I had imagined it would be. My vitals were checked and were good. I have only gained 3 pounds thus far, which is a rate I want to continue. I would like to average 4 pounds in 4 weeks * 6 more months = about 24 pounds of total baby weight gain. Of course, this is figuring that I don't keep eating nachos and cheese and that I keep on exercising 3-4 times a week. Speaking of exercising, I have gotten the OK from the Dr. to run the 5K in May - Hooray! She said I could keep running until I deliver. While that would be nice, I am not ignorant to the fact of reality. There may come a point where I won't be able to see my feet, let alone run with them. Another great thing about the appointment was hearing the heartbeat! The sound of baby's heartbeat reduced us to nothing less than tears. Of course, they were tears of joy, especially since the Dr. said the heartbeat was good and strong. We weren't able to tape it because baby kept playing hide and seek, so the Dr. kept losing the heartbeat. She assured us that at the next visit, we will be able to hear it for longer because baby won't have as much room to hide. So our next appointment is set for March 25th. At this appointment, I'll be getting my blood taken for an elective screening that will test for Down Syndrome and other genetic disorders. Also, we will be making our ultrasound appointment where we will find out what gender the baby is. OK, who wants to start the betting pool? I can give you a full list of my typical boy symptoms and typical girls symptoms. The winner gets to name the baby (OK, not really, but I thought I would try to sweeten the pot).

Everything is Peachy!

I've got some juicy news - you are now the size of a peach! You are 3 inches long and your intestines (which have been housed in the umbilical cord) are now making their way to their rightful place - your abdomen. Your vocal chords have begun to develop and I'm sure they will be used for beautiful singing and nice words. I can't imagine that you will ever use them for evil - such as crying non-stop or telling me or Daddy that you hate us (gotta love teenagers). You are now visible in my tummy. You have begun to pouch me out - so much so that I had to make a special trip this weekend to get some maternity pants. Thank God for the Gap Clearance Outlet! You have been hearing Daddy talk to you a lot more lately. Don't worry, he doesn't always talk in that goofy voice. The three of us have successfully made it together into the 2nd trimester. You have accomplished so many milestones already in these first 3 months. We are so proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment