Sunday, February 22, 2009

12 Weeks and Counting

All About Us

It is finally here - take a look to the left and you will see the boy name list. We need your input so vote away!

This week has been quite normal. Stressful at work for the both of us but, nonetheless, normal. Jason accomplished quite a goal - he completely finished tiling the kitchen in a matter of 2 days. He worked non-stop on his only day off this week, Wednesday. By Thursday night, the tile grout was drying and waiting for my finishing touch of sealing the grout. The baseboards were nailed and the appliances were moved back in on Saturday. Sunday, I was able to use my stove after it was out of commission for 4 days. I chose to make the only meal worth indoctrinating our new kitchen - pasta and meatballs. There are still 2 projects left to do in the kitchen - new counter tops and new cabinets. Once these are complete, I will post a picture of the renovation. Here, I have posted the renovation of our upstairs bathroom. I have no before picture, so only those who have seen it before can truly appreciate how much work Jason (and my dad) put into it. One last final home improvement note - the windows were trimmed and finished today. They look AMAZING! And, we can actually open them to get some fresh air - hooray!

This blog is intended for many purposes. One of those purposes is to educate and inform other pregnant women. I want my experiences to reassure someone else that they are not alone, that other women go through these somewhat strange pregnancy symptoms, too. This is why I have decided to post this most horrid picture of myself. As you can see, about every square inch of my face is sporting a nice, red blemish (go ahead, click on the image to enlarge it. I dare you!). I kind of thought it might be a good idea to post this picture in high schools for an effective birth control method. I've been to a dermatologist and told that there is basically nothing that can be done. I was given some topical ointment that hasn't worked and a prescription for an antibiotic that I have to show the baby doctor before I can get it filled. This is why I believe that pregnancy should only come with maturity. I was reminiscing with my friend, Kristen, the other day about how I wouldn't go out in college on the weekends if I had one zit. I obviously have no choice to show my face to the outside world at this point in my life, but I don't really care. There is just one person who I am interested in impressing and he loves me, zits and all. Thanks honey!

One more important event to mention this week is Ava's 4th birthday. I am ashamed to admit it, but her birthday was actually February 15th. Jason and I had talked about it up until the day before. Then for some reason, the day of, it slipped our minds. And it continued to slip our minds until yesterday, when we finally were able to celebrate it. I have a feeling that Ava is not going to hold it against us. I told her it was only fair since we forgot Angelo's birthday last year as well. Hopefully this is not a glimpse into how we are going to be as parents - that we are going to get so wrapped up in our lives that we forget about what's most important, our babies. I think this was a big wake up call for us, dog or no dog! We pledge to remember every birthday from now until the end! Speaking of birthdays, there's one I just can't wait to celebrate...


I Spy Something Purple


There is something I must clear up before I talk about how you have grown this past week. Last week, you were compared to a lime. I have since realized that it had to have been a key lime, as a plum almost seems smaller than a normal-sized lime. Speaking of a plum, a large plum I might add, you are now 2 1/2 inches in length and weigh 1/2 an ounce. It's hard to believe that you will weigh 6-8 pounds upon delivery! Your major systems are basically formed now, with only maturing to do. Your digestive track is practicing the release of, well, poop, your bone marrow is producing white blood cells to fight off infections and your pituitary gland has started producing hormones so you can have babies, too, one day.

This coming Wednesday, your daddy and I will have one of the greatest days of our lives. We are going to the doctor to hear your heartbeat for the first time, little one! I just can't even imagine how it will sound or how I will feel when I hear those first thump, thumps. I'm going to have daddy use the video function on our camera to record this special moment so we can share it with you. At this appointment, I am hopefully going to get permission from our doctor to train for the Flying Pig 5K at the beginning of May. As I was running the last mile of a 5K this past Saturday, the idea hit me. I will be a couple weeks past 20 weeks at that point, which is when I am apparently supposed to start taming down my workouts to biking or walking. If it means keeping you safe, I will obviously not partake in it. But I thought it would be a miraculous moment when daddy, me AND you would cross that finish line. It would prove that pregnant women can be active - that they don't have to sit around and eat pickles and ice cream all day, crying as they watch one depressing movie after another. If there is any life lesson that your daddy and I will teach you, it is that you can do anything to which you set your heart. Daddy and I proved that when we made you.

No comments:

Post a Comment