Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunny Seventeenth Week

All About Us

I had difficulty logging into blogger.com tonight to update the blog. I almost thought that it was a sign that I should just go to bed. But like everything else that happened today, I had to finish what I started. I have a sneaky suspicion that I won't be able to move tomorrow morning. Jason may have some trouble as well. I am already suffering from round ligament pain (a pregnancy symptom that includes abdominal and back pain due to the growing uterus) and I decided not only to run a 5K, but to do 8 loads of laundry, help Jason hang a new light fixture in the kitchen, and spend 6 hours organizing our storage so we can eventually get the baby's room set up. I definitely over-worked myself today, but I had no choice. Jason and I both live by the philosophy that when we start something, we have to finish it - no matter what the cost. Of course he ran into some issues while hanging the new kitchen light. He didn't want to quit or call it a day. Instead, he was determined to finish what he had intended to finish in the first place. I think this philosophy of ours can be good and bad. It's bad because we don't know when to stop. It's good because we work hard and accomplish many things. I am 100% sure that this philosophy of ours will spill over into our parenting. With the good and bad, we will never quit on our children. We will keep our faith in them until our job is finished. But like many say, a parent's job is never done.

Tears of Joy


As you grow to the size of an onion this week, our hearts are growing just as large. You are practicing many of your reflexes this week, some including blinking your eyes, sucking, and swallowing. You've also started to accumulate some fat on your body, which will make your skin less translucent. We got to hear your heartbeat again this week at the Dr's office and of course it was breath-taking. It was so much louder than last visit, most likely because your heart, along with you, has grown quite a bit in the past month. Because your daddy and I absolutely love to hear your heart beat, I decided to go out on a limb after our Dr's appointment. I rented an at-home fetal heart Doppler so we can hear your heartbeat whenever we want. I would have bought one, but renting one at $25 a month is better than buying one for $450. It is supposed to arrive at our home in 4 days from today, so I am very eager to try it out. I will have your daddy tape it so I can post it here on our blog.

I'm sure that you've felt mommy's stress as she has had to take care of both your sick daddy and your sick sister this week. Your daddy came down with what his Dr. referred to as Walking Pneumonia and Ava had a UTI. Some antibiotics and rest for both of them did good. One thing that I will always do is take care of you when you are sick. Whether it's rubbing your tummy, giving you medicine, getting you Popsicles, or making you chicken noodle soup, I will always be there for you when you need me. I am sure daddy would agree with that as well. One of the most important times in both of our lives was when our mommys (and daddys) were always there for us when we were sick. We can only hope that our presence and love will comfort you as much as our parents comforted us.

No comments:

Post a Comment