Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sweet Sixteen

All About Us

Spring has sprung! We have been taking advantage of the euphoria that Spring has brought to us. We were able to run our first 5K outside since October, we've grilled out, and we've done some Spring cleaning. I have felt my energy creeping back all week. I'm not sure if it's the warmer weather or the stage in pregnancy that has got me on my feet again, but whatever it is I like it! Jason has had a bittersweet week when it comes to his beloved Dayton Flyers. They made it into the top 32, but lost against Kansas for a spot in the sweet sixteen. He seems to be handling it well, though.

Earlier this week, Jason and I attended a maternity ward tour of the hospital where our baby is going to be born, Good Samaritan. It was quite surreal to think that the next time we would be there would be when our baby is about to arrive. We know where to park, we know what door to use to enter the hospital, and we know what floor we need to go to. It was emotional for me, of course, and I teared up a couple of times, especially when I saw the birthing room (pic below). I have every intention of going through labor and delivery unmedicated, especially since I have such a motivating partner with me. It is just reassuring to know that if I can't handle the pain, the hospital will be equipped with everything I will need to make it through. The hospital also has a Level 3 NICU, which is always prefaced with, "God forbid you will ever need to use it, but..." This means that the hospital has everything that is needed to handle any health situation involving a newborn. We left this hospital knowing that we are going to be in very good hands.

Holy Guacamole!


Did I feel you move today? I could have sworn that when I took a rest after cleaning, I felt you move below my belly button on the right side of my abdomen. If it was you, thank you! Daddy was happy, too. It just makes it so much more real for us to feel you actually moving around down there. You are getting bigger, which would explain why I may be able to feel you move every once in a while. You are the size of an avocado, weighing in at 3.5 oz and measuring nearly 5 inches. Your taste buds are forming, and I'm sure they will learn to love pasta and meatballs as much as your mommy and daddy do. Also, something awesome this week, you can totally hear us now! I have been making an effort to sing to you and daddy has been talking to you in that silly voice of his. It's very special, this voice of daddy's, because he wouldn't dare let anyone else hear it. It's our own little special piece of daddy! I apologize for how much barking you hear from Ava and Angelo. I have to wonder if their barking or me yelling at them for barking is worse for you to hear. I'm sure neither of them are the sweet sounds you would like to be hearing. Daddy and I have been working hard to make this house a perfect place for you to come home to. It's official - our house won't be a home until you arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment