Sunday, February 8, 2009

10 Things About Week 10

All About Us

1. We have been asked a lot lately if we have any names picked out, if we are going to find out what the sex is, etc. I definitely wanted to find the sex out as soon as I found out we were expecting, but Jason wants it to be a surprise. Through all of the painful and uncomfortable symptoms I am having, one of the things that keeps me going is a count down to when we will find out if we are having a boy or a girl. Unfortunately for Jason, when I find out the sex, it is most definite that he will know as well. Slowly, I think he is beginning to accept this reality. As far as names go, we agree on names just about as much as Obama and McCain agreed on political issues. I'm for nontraditional names like Giada and Rocco, and Jason likes the more "popular" names like Emma and Blake. We have 8 weeks until we find out what we are having, so I'm optimistic that we will be able to meet half-way (or better yet, he will succumb to the pressure from me and agree to my nontraditional names!). Since Jason and I have different last names, the baby will get both of our names, but my last name will be one of his/her middle names. Vote for your favorite in the upper left hand corner of this page. The boys names will follow!

2. I've found a furry little friend in nature's laxative, the Kiwi fruit. The best cure for fatigue, constipation, and nausea is to get moving. When I exercise, I find that my symptoms decrease significantly.

3. My oldest sister, Jen, has offered to give us a bunch of baby items like a car seat, stroller, crib mattress, breast pump, maternity clothes, and other items. This is such a big relief, as we do not want to rely on other people to buy these things for us, so it is a list of things that we don't have to buy ourselves. Thank you Jen (and Lexi)!!

4. I haven't gained any weight yet. In fact, I've lost some. I am not worried, but relieved. Baby only has tiny nutritional needs at this point, so I'm not focused on eating more than normal. I don't think I could if I wanted to. I am hoping to gain no more than 20-25 pounds during the entire pregnancy. The more I exercise and watch what I eat, the more easy it will be to take it off once baby gets here.

5. Jason and I made our first baby purchase this week! A baby store close to us is going out of business, so we went to check out the sales. We fell in love with this bedding set - it has all of the crib bedding, a diaper stacker, wall hangings, a musical moving mobile, and a hamper. Best of all, we got $100 off! The main colors are green, yellow, and blue and it has froggies and turtles on it. So cute!

A Prune?

6. Baby is now the size of a prune...yes, a prune. I am not happy with the comparison to a geriatric favorite, but I understand the need to keep within the produce theme.

7. You are 1.5 inches in length! Compare an Appleseed to a prune and you have grown a lot in the past 5 weeks.

8. Your aunt Kristi will appreciate this one - your bones and cartilage are forming now. Your little knees and ankles are forming so you can develop into that great athlete that I know you are going to be! Also, your elbows are forming. Hopefully you don't drop the elbow on me while you're in my tummy!

9. Your baby teeth are forming under your gums, your stomach is producing digestive juices, and your kidneys are producing larger quantities of urine. You are almost a fully, functioning human being at the gestational age of 10 weeks!

10. Something your daddy will appreciate - if you are a boy, your testes have begun producing testosterone. Boys will be boys!

I hope you enjoyed our list! We are 1/4 of the way through!

1 comment:

  1. why all the food references for this? why not hardware? as big as a door knob? as small as a gasket? as wide as a drawer pull? as long as three penny nail?

    and those people voting for stella? come on! giada is so cool...and you know amy will name a dog that one day if she doesn't use it on a child....

    ReplyDelete