Sunday, February 15, 2009

11 Weeks of Heaven

All About Us


As I sit here and ponder over this past weeks' ongoings, I am now understanding why I am so exhausted tonight. We have had a very busy week, starting first with the Dayton Flyers basketball game on Wednesday night. Many members of Jason's family have season tickets and a couple of them couldn't be at the game on Wednesday. Upsetting for them, but a gift from God for Jason. He loves the Flyers and they happened to be playing their biggest rival, Xavier, that night. He talked me into going (I'm not a huge basketball fan) as well as his friend, Mike. The game was exciting, with Dayton up in points almost the entire game. Jason was in his element. I was too as I munched on my nachos with jalapenos. Dayton ended up winning and Jason was so happy. Even though I'm not a Dayton fan, it was so satisfying to see my husband so happy that he was glowing. As the wind blew us home, a thought occurred to me - I have my appetite back! As long as I keep my tummy full, I have not been getting sick. My appetite is not only back, it is voracious. That night along with my nachos, I had to stop and get a 6-inch chicken sub from Subway. That moment alone made my entire week.


Moving onward, this weekend has proven to be a non-stop home improvement whirlwind. My mom and dad came into town on Friday to help Jason and I with tiling our home. We are tiling our two bathrooms, our foyer, and our kitchen. Jason and Tony worked tirelessly for 1 1/2 days and finished the upstairs bathroom completely. Tony also assisted us in installing a new light fixture. The room looks amazing! In addition to the tile work, our windows were getting replaced. Our previous windows were older than Jason and I - the seals and balances were broke, the aluminum was warped, and our heat pump was working almost 24/7. We thought it would be a good time to have them all replaced - including our sliding glass doors. As of now, they only have the 2 bedrooms left to do. I can already feel that the new doors and window are already providing more insulation.


We didn't forget that it was Valentine's Day, despite the non-stop work. We went out to Maggianos Little Italy and had a much-deserved, fabulous Italian meal. Before the meal, we had mom take a picture of mommy and daddy and the emerging baby bump. I am now using the rubber-band method of holding my pants up, as my buttons are just not able to close. I never thought I would get so excited to see that my pants no longer fit!


You Put the Lime in the Coconut...


No wonder why mommy is having trouble fitting into her jeans - you are the size of a lime! Your hair and nails are forming. Daddy and I are hoping that you are blessed with my fullness of hair and his curly hair. Your little toes and fingers don't look so much like duck's feet now - they have separated and are no longer webbed. If you are a girl, your ovaries have begun developing.


I thought you might be excited to know that Daddy and I got your crib and changing table. The way we acquired it made it meant-to-be. Mommy absolutely fell in love with the crib from the moment I saw it, which was 10 days ago. Since it was a store that was going out of business, I knew that we had to act fast. However, I needed your Daddy's, Grandmom's, and Grandpa's opinion on it before the purchase was made. Thankfully, there was still 1 set in the box left and everyone agreed that it was perfect. The maker is Bonavita and the collection is Sheffield. It's quite reassuring that it is also a Consumer's Digest Best Buy. It is a beautiful, sturdy pine that will hopefully be able to be passed down to your brothers and sisters. I am hoping it will stay in our family forever. The changing table/dresser is just as well-built and beautiful. I cannot wait to put you in it with your froggy bedding for the first time! I thought I would attach a picture for you to see. We are almost out of the 1st trimester my love. I am trying to savor the miracle that is pregnancy, but I just can't help pining for the moment when I will get to hold you for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment