Sunday, June 21, 2009

29th Week - The Last of the Twenties

All About Us


Jason and I are currently relaxing after an exciting weekend with the Schneider family at Lake Cumberland. Lake Cumberland is in Jamestown, Kentucky and is about 3 hours south of our home. We got to the house that Jason's parents rented late Friday night and spent all day Saturday on the Lake. We rented a pontoon boat and a jet ski. We had fun getting out in the water and swimming around with the fishies. Jason was quite the speed demon on the jet ski, which is one of the reasons I refused to get on it. I have heard so many horror stories about jet skis that I decided to play it safe and stay on the boat and in the water. There's always next year! I thought that I could get away with no SPF for the first couple hours I was out there, but I was badly mistaken. My shoulders are now the same color of red as the red in the McDonald's sign. The rest of my body was pretty much saved, though. So in addition to all of the discomforts of pregnancy, I have to add sunburn to my list - with no one to blame but myself. Another lesson learned - no spf = a very uncomfortable and grumpy pregnant lady. Our sleep was a little compromised this weekend as well. I couldn't get comfortable due to many factors - backache, anxiety, sunburn, dogs, small bed, husband taking up too much room, etc. And lets face it, when you're sleeping next to someone who can't get comfortable, you can't get to sleep either - which was Jason's story. Lidia was up with us as well, poor thing. So here's to a good nights sleep tonight in our own bed- hopefully!


Squishy Squash



Hi my dear! You are now the size of a squash - strange comparison but I'm cool with it. You are a whopping 3 pounds and you are about 16 inches from head to toe. I am guessing that it is your foot that has been jabbing my upper right ribs these days, as the Doctor said that you are head down. Speaking of Doctors, we got to go to our monthly visit again this week. Mommy and daddy learned many things, one being that mommy has gained a total of 20 pounds so far. I was extremely surprised by this number, but have since been made aware that it is right on target for this stage in pregnancy. You, on the other hand, are a mere 3 pounds according to the doctor. That means that you are growing as you should be! We also got to hear your heartbeat again, at which time the Doctor said you were showing off. We have now seen 4 out of the 7 women doctors at our clinic, which means we only have 3 left to see. They have all been very nice and extremely knowledgeable. I have no doubt that you and I will be in very good hands no matter which one of them delivers you. Our next appointment was set for 3 weeks away instead of the typical 4 weeks- which is a sign that the end is in sight. The closer our appointments get, the sooner you will be here in our arms! Your daddy and I keep talking about next Saturday when we will get to see you again at our 3D/4D ultrasound. I have heard that the pictures we will get to see of you will be very similar to what you will actually look like when we get to see you in person. So you can imagine how excited we are for this! Don't worry, we will be sure to post pictures for all to see:) We will see you soon, Lidia!

1 comment:

  1. We can't wait also to see the 3D/4D pics. Glad you had a wonderful week-end. Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete