Sunday, April 19, 2009

Week 20 - Half Way Through!

All About Us

We are so excited that we have reached this milestone! 20 weeks! Half-way! Cantaloupe! I remember looking ahead when I was just newly pregnant and thinking that it would be so surreal when baby is actually the size of a cantaloupe - it didn't seem possible. But now it's here and we have entered into a new phase. The new phase is action and reality. Nursery ideas are becoming more real and we actually have a game plan and time frame as to when it is going to be completed. Our home improvement projects are about 98% completed, which means that all of our focus can now be put on our little one. And the little one got a lot of focus this weekend.
It couldn't have been a more perfect weekend - the entire family gathered together to celebrate Rob's 30th's birthday. I couldn't have picked a better way to celebrate our milestone than with family. My sister, Kristi, is 3 weeks behind me and not showing in the least. I, on the other hand, am large and in-charge compared to her. We did manage to get together so our babies could have their first play date. We also had quite a bit of fun with the fetal heart monitor! I can't explain how extremely lucky and blessed I feel to be going through this experience with my best friend. A miracle in itself, but even more-so knowing that my sister is right there with me, experiencing the same miracles and milestones that I am.
Cantaloupe Can't Get Any Cuter!

Hi baby! You are amazingly the size of a cantaloupe now. This past week, I have felt you move quite a bit. It feels like you are doing somersaults a lot. I hope that you weren't affected too much with my sickness. We didn't get much sleep because of it, but hopefully we will make up for it this week. Your digestive system is now producing meconium, which will fill your first diapers. Meconium is made up of all the amniotic fluid you've been swallowing. We will let daddy handle that diaper! My little one, the day is almost here when your daddy and I will be able to see you for the first time. Just 3 short days and we will see your little hands and feet, your beautiful face, and most importantly - whether you are a boy or a girl! On Wednesday at about 3:30 p.m., you will finally be able to be called by your name. Daddy and I are going to keep it our little secret for about 10 days until we reveal the gender and name at the Flying Pig 5K. We have been looking forward to this day for such a long time, so hopefully you won't be shy! Good night, my love, and we will see you on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment