Sunday, April 5, 2009

18 Weeks!

All About Us

Well, it is officially 4 weeks until we cross the finish line of our first 5K with baby. Have you signed up for the Flying Pig yet? We have been able to enjoy our training in the beautiful outdoors this week. I think that it is pretty ironic that I am more fit at this point in my life than I have ever been. All it took was motivation and a husband that is willing to go at my pace and to believe in me every step of the way - literally. Take today for example - we arrived home, exhausted after a great weekend. We took the dogs up to Columbus to spend the night with our friends, Ashley, Chris, and their 6 month old, Isaac. Ashley and Chris so graciously let us "practice" on baby Isaac. Jason received an "A" in Diaper-Changing 101 and Intro to How to Make a Baby Smile. We went out to eat to this quaint, little Italian restaurant and I was comforted by the fact that my lactating friend and I had matching ravenous appetites. We surpassed the men by far in our food consumption. Ashley and Chris make parenting seem simple, but I can see where the most exhausting part for us will be balancing the dogs with the baby, since our dogs are not used to having a small human in their midst. After saying our goodbyes, we came home and despite our exhaustion, went for a run. Though staying curled up with my pups was a more pleasant alternative than exerting myself, I decided to get up. Jason was ready to run and it was his motivation that got my motivation in gear. 3.1 miles later and we were more than happy with our decision - especially since it started storming as soon as we got back. I urge all of you reading this blog to grab a partner, fire up your motivation, and get moving. Find what you like to like to do to keep yourself in shape and do it on a regular basis. Because if this pregnant, back-achy, and exhausted woman can do it, then anyone can. Flying Pig 5K here we come!

You Say Potato, I Say Potawto

Well sprinkle you with brown sugar, bake you in the oven, and call you a Sweet Potato! You continue to move and wiggle around. I am actually feeling slight movements from you, which has made a somewhat abstract concept seem more concrete. We now know your heart rate, thanks to our handle dandy little fetal heart monitor. Your heart rate ranges between 132 and 138 beats per minute, which in old wives terms would mean you are a boy. In just 2 short weeks we will find this out for sure! You are yawning and hiccuping now, which I will probably be able to feel in a couple weeks. Daddy keeps saying that he wants you to be born now, but don't you worry, I let him know that you still have quite a bit of growing to do before you make your big debut. Our minds and hearts are definitely ready for you, but we realize that you will come into our world when you are ready. Luckily for you, you are going to be entering into a world that will be filled with lots of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment