Sunday, April 12, 2009

19th Week

All About Us

I just finished wiping my nose with my sleeve and I am currently only able to breath out of my mouth. Needless to say, I don't have much to say this week because I have caught my first bug since being pregnant. Being pregnant in addition to having a cold is definitely nothing to sneeze about. One of the biggest struggles I have faced with this sickness is what medicine to take. I have a list of acceptable medicines that was given to me by my doctor, but it isn't an all-encompassing list. What I really wish I had was a list of medicines to absolutely NOT take while pregnant. I found that I can't necessarily rely on the medicine labels, either. They all say, "Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or nursing before taking this medicine." Consulting my doctor on a Saturday night or Easter Sunday is not as easy as the makers of Tylenol Cold Nighttime make it seem. I have been taking a very mild decongestant, but I'm not going to bother with it anymore because it isn't helping one bit. If anything, it is making it more frustrating because I'm actually taking medicine, but it's not making me feel any better. I can't help but feel like I'm a little more emotional being pregnant and sick than being just sick. I have to say though, that man of mine has done an excellent job of taking care of me. From folding laundry, to getting me water, to actually offering to do the blog - he has been a true care-taker. I have no worries that he is going to be just as great with our little mango.

Mango Madness
I have to say, I've never actually seen or held a mango, but from what I can gather, they are about twice the size of a medium apple. I apologize if I have been startling you with my sneezes lately, as I have read where you may react to them. Your body is apparently covered with a cheesy, waxy coating that protects you from the amniotic fluid. Not so appetizing right now, but it's quite functional when you think about how a person would look after soaking in a bathtub for 9 months. We hit a milestone this week - mommy actually got recognized as being pregnant by someone who did not know I was pregnant. This means that you are growing up a storm! I am so excited that in 1 week from now, we will be half-way through. Only 21 more weeks until your mommy and daddy can hold you in our arms for the first time. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment