Sunday, January 11, 2009

Wild Week 6

All About Us

Week 6 has proven to be quite a roller-coaster ride. It was Jason and I's first week back to work since the holidays, so the days were filled with a hectic atmosphere. I felt pretty good throughout the week, only suffering cramps and sore nipples (sorry men). After I let my coworkers know about the bun in my oven and how easy it has been for me so far, a dark cloud of nausea came upon me. Since Thursday, I haven't been myself when it comes to eating. I haven't been able to look at most foods, let alone eat them. Nothing seems appetizing to me anymore. Food to me right now is like fuel to my car - something I have to do to keep it running. I am the queen of eating and I love food. Now, I despise food and hate that I have to force myself to eat it. I took my mom's advice and got some ginger ale, which has been soothing to my stomach, but it still doesn't make me hungry. I also have a bottle of Tums by my side at all times. At least I won't have to worry about getting enough calcium. I am extremely emotional lately. Today at mass, I had to hold back tears because the songs that were being sung were so beautiful. Seriously?!


Jason has been extremely helpful to me so far, as I knew he would be. He comes home from work and greets the puppies then comes over and kisses me and kisses my belly, or what he refers to as his little pea. He gets me anything I ask for, even with a smile on his face. We're talking more about home improvements this week than the baby, mostly because we want everything done before the baby gets here. Also, home improvements seem more real than the baby at this point.


Sweet Pea

Our little sweet pea! You got to spend the week with mommy at work. You got to witness what I do when I'm at work. You heard me advising a lot of students and consulting with other grown-up people. You got to feel mommy's stress as she administered a career high of 3 high stakes tests in 1 week. You looked forward to Daddy's kiss every evening when he got home. Sweet Pea is relieved that we are relaxing now, waiting to watch the Steeler's crush the Chargers.


Our little baby is getting bigger every day! You are now the size of a sweet pea (no, really?). Your heart is beating faster than mine. You now have eyes, ears, a nose, cheeks, and a chin. All of your major organs are taking form - kidneys, liver, and lungs. If you are a boy, Daddy and I have been given hope that you will have a chance at a career in NFL football because of Darren Sproles. Your daddy and mommy are both vertically challenged, so chances are, buddy, you will be too. Even though you are making me sick, Daddy and I already love you more than anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment