Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sizzling Seventh Week

All About Us

Talk about COLD! The past few days have put the B-R-R in brrrrrrrrr! It's not even pleasurable to go outside for some fresh air. I'd rather stay inside by my electric heater, watching movies like Sex and the City, all day long. I might add that I sobbed like a baby when Big stood Carrie up at the beginning. And I probably cried at least 5 times after that. Oh the joy of pregnancy hormones!


The idea of pregnancy has not gotten old to us yet. I don't feel like I will ever get over the joy and anticipation of a human being growing inside of me (please don't make me eat my words in month 7). Baby making is a full-time job - and I'm not talking about the actual act of baby making. Making sure I take my vitamin and fish oil every day, drinking at least 64 ounces of water, exercising, flossing (yes, I hate it), avoiding alcohol (hey, this is hard, especially after a long day at work), resting, stretching, eating, positioning my sea bands, cutting up lemon to put in my water (for some reason I have an aversion to plain water), the list goes on. Then, waking up and doing it all again the next day. But, the crazy thing is, if I weren't pregnant this would all seem like a chore - like a punishment I was forced to do. The fact that I know that all of this will increase our chances of having a happy, healthy, bouncing baby makes doing these things more enjoyable and less of a nuisance. Let's not forget Jason's pregnancy "to-do" list - taking out the trash, cleaning out the cat litter box, cutting my lemons for me when I am too tired to get my butt off the couch and cut them myself, eating pasta 5 times a week because that's the only thing I don't have an aversion to, and the list goes on. But he does it because he wants what I want, and what you all want too - a perfectly healthy baby. One with 10 fingers and 10 toes (although we would be still be happy if he was missing a few). One that is so sweet, that when you kiss him he tastes like a blueberry.

Our Blueberry


Blueberry, we love you! Mommy was sick for most of the week, not being able to stand to eat much. I've been told that this is due to all the extra and weird hormones that you have brought to my body. That's OK, though. Bring them on, I say! Blueberry, when we see your smiling (or screaming) face, it will all fade away.

Now, you will see me referring to you as a "he" throughout the next couple of months until we find out for sure. If you are a girl, please don't take this offensively because your Mommy and Daddy will love you with whatever you come out with - a baseball bat or a Prada bag. It makes no difference to us! It's just a lot easier for mommy to refer to you as "he" instead of "he or she." I hope you understand!


Daddy and I have been talking a lot about our first Dr.'s appointment, which is in a couple days. I will most likely burst into tears when I see your heartbeat and I have a feeling that Daddy might get a little teary-eyed. I am hoping that we get to hear your little heart, too!



I can't believe how much you've grown so far. Apparently, you are 10,000 times bigger than you were when you were first formed at conception. You are the size of a blueberry - and as sweet as one too! Your mouth and tongue are forming and your brain is growing at a rate of 100 cells per minute (the fish oil that you are getting from mommy will help this process so you can become a very smart blueberry). Your arms and legs are separating into segments that will become your feet, hands, upper arms, lower arms, upper legs, and lower legs. Your kidneys are fully functioning and waiting for you to start peeing. As long as I don't feel it, pee away my child.


Tomorrow, you will be covered with a Big Ben jersey because Mommy (and, I know he will never admit it, but Daddy too) will be cheering for the Steelers to win against the stinky Ravens. Then, they go to the Superbowl to win it once again! But dont you worry, as soon as you come out we will have a Big Ben jersey waiting for you as well!


My question is, can you develop into anything more sweet than a blueberry? I guess we will find out next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment