Sunday, August 30, 2009

39 Weeks and No Baby Yet!

All About Us


This week has been one of the most normal weeks we have had to date. Jason and I kept busy at our respective jobs and spent most every night going on our 2 mile walk. We had a very successful doctors appointment in which we found out I have gained 29 pounds so far in this pregnancy. The normal range is 25-30 pounds, so I am pretty content. Let's hope that there is no more weight gain in these last days! Also, we found out that my blood pressure is slightly elevated, which is completely normal for this stage in pregnancy. I am a little more closer to being 2 cm dilated and I am now 50% effaced. The doctor stated that I had a "perfect" pelvis, so hopefully that means Lidia will just slide out of me like a torpedo! She also commented on my great skin and said I must have good genes to not have gotten any stretch marks. I am extremely surprised by this because I feel like my skin has been stretched to the ultimate max and I certainly haven't been doing anything to prevent stretch marks. Score one for me for avoidance of annoying pregnancy symptoms! It is getting extremely hard for me to walk these days, especially since I over-did it yesterday with a 3 mile walk and a day full of cleaning. I almost cried each time I had to get up and walk. I have been holding onto Jason's arm so tightly lately that I think he is going to have bruises before this is all said and done! I had deemed today a bed rest day, but after talking to my sister, I felt that the best thing I could do for me and Lidia was to keep moving. So Jason and I decided to check out the new outlet mall in Cincinnati which was so totally awesome. If anyone would like to come down and visit, I would LOVE to take you to these new outlets - they have everything! I especially enjoyed the Polo store where they had the cutest little Polo outfits for babies. Lidia will definitely be getting some once she is here!




And how could we forget to mention our baby boy's 4th birthday? He sure enjoyed his jr. hamburger cake!





As you can tell, we are just patiently waiting for our little lady to arrive. We are trying to live as normal a life as possible so we do not get overly anxious. Throughout pregnancy, many statistics were thrown my way. As I near the end of this pregnancy, I am hoping not to be in the 50% that deliver after their due date and in the 20% that need to be induced. So to avoid these two statistics, Jason and I have been doing everything under the sun. From walking, to massaging pressure points, to eating pineapple and spicy foods, and to some unmentionable things, we are all for urging the labor process on. I really hope to not be writing a 40 weeks blog next week, but as the date gets closer I am having my doubts. I have had every single labor sign that a woman could have, minus the painful contractions. And until those lovely baby-movers arrive, we are stuck here in pregnancy land indefinitely. A frustrating time, but through this frustration I have thought of another list. The top 10 things I will miss about pregnancy and the top 10 things I will not miss.


The Top 10 Things I Will Miss About Pregnancy


10. Having the excuse, "I'm pregnant" work for about anything I don't want to or can't do.
9. Having an excuse to eat ice cream everyday (and I do, just ask Jason).
8. Having an excuse to eat anything I want.
7. Wasting away parts of my work day with coworkers that want to talk babies and pregnancy.
6. Wearing my cute maternity clothes - I think they are much cuter than my non-pregnancy clothes!
5. Going to the doctor - I really enjoy those check-ups!
4. Sleeping as much as I want to.
3. Feeling Lidia move.
2. Getting daily massages from my hubby
1. Having everyday be "Bring your child to work day"


The Top 10 Things I Will NOT Miss About Being Pregnant

10. Constipation.
9. The aches and pains.
8. The constant weight gain.
7. People constantly asking me baby questions.
6. People constantly giving me their opinions without being asked.
5. Not being able to indulge in an adult beverage every now and then.
4. Not being able to lay on my back or stomach.
3. Having to seriously think about everything I am putting into my body.
2. Constantly worrying about Lidia since I cannot see or hear her.
1. Not being able to run!



Baby Come Out!


Hi sweet Lidia. There is not much going on with you as far as development is concerned. Of course, your brain is growing as rapidly as ever. Your weight gain has begun to slow and you shouldn't have any languo (fuzzy hair all over your body) or vernix (a cheesy coating that kept your skin safe from the amniotic fluid) left on your body when you arrive. Speaking of your arrival, your daddy and I just cannot wait for you to get here! I just read where there is a chemical in your brain that will actually set off the hormones in my body that trigger labor. You must just really love it in that cozy place- I don't think you have plans of leaving the Uterine Hotel anytime soon. We want a happy baby, so come as you please my dear. Just know we will be waiting with open, loving arms when you finally decide to arrive!

1 comment:

  1. Amy, we are SO happy that you are doing so well and that Lidia is growing healthy and strong for her debut sometime very soon. We will miss your weekly blogging, especially since your prose has gotten so good. We'll RUSH to you, Lidia and Jason as soon as we get the word. Love, Mom & dad

    ReplyDelete