Sunday, August 9, 2009

36 Weeks - The Beginning of the End

All About Us


We have some very exciting news to share - Lidia has a new cousin! Brandon Michael Schneider was born on August 4, weighing in at 5 lbs, 7 oz and measuring 19 inches. Despite his early arrival, Brandon is doing marvelous! Congratulations to the proud parents, Erin & Brian, and big brother Kyle. We hope to see pictures very soon!


The bigger I get, the harder I fall. Yes, I fell again this week. Thankfully, the healing process took 3 days and not 3 weeks, so it obviously wasn't as big of a fall as the first one. It was a bit more embarrassing, being that it happened in front of 50 college students taking an ACT. They all just stared at me and I picked myself up and announced that I was OK. And of course, Lidia was OK. This is beginning to be a common occurrence for her - something that she is used to by now, sadly!


Has it hit us that in 4 weeks or less we will be parents? I don't think it has. We are more than prepared for Lidia's arrival and I have confidence that Jason and I are definitely ready to be parents. But, I just don't think it has hit us yet that we are actually going to be parents in less than 30 days. One thing my confidence is shaky on is the actual labor and delivery itself. I have no doubt that I can handle the level of pain, it's just the duration of the pain that worries me. Jason and I plan on staying at home as long as possible during labor. When I am no longer able to talk or walk through the contractions, that will be a good indication that it's hospital time. We are doing everything in our power to prepare for the labor and delivery, but since it is something we have ever experienced before, it's just so hard to have complete confidence that I will be able to manage without medication. The reality is that 95% of women have medicated births. Its hard to believe that I can be in the 5% that is able to go unmedicated. Please pray for me! The first reading at mass definitely spoke to Jason and I today. Basically, when I think that I have had enough, that I can't take anymore, the Lord just wants me to take a break, drink some water, relax, and then get back to work. That reading will be my inspiration!




Last, but not least, Saturday was dedicated to our babies, Ava and Angelo. It was their favorite day of the year - the Wiener Nationals! This is their 2nd year of running in the race, with many more to come, I'm sure. No, they didn't win their race, but they sure had fun trying. Their Aunt Terri and Uncle Dave came to help with the pictures and the "holding" of Ava, since Jason could only hold Angelo. They sprinted out pretty fast, but slowed down as they got towards the end. It was definitely the hottest, most humid day of the summer, so they were understandably exhausted before we even got to the starting line. Mommy was struggling as well! Being 36 weeks pregnant outside on a heat advisory day for 3 hours is no walk in the park. But we are so happy that we got to give the pups this experience.











Peek-A-Boo, I See You!


Hello my dear! Let me first say that Daddy has obviously been there with us throughout this whole pregnancy. He has been to every single one of our doctor's appointments, even the unscheduled ones, which is probably close to 12 or so. We had another appointment this past Friday and Daddy decided to play golf instead of attend this appointment. There is no need to be upset about this, though, because we got him back in the end! It was very busy at the doctor's office and they had to put me in the ultrasound room. When the doctor walked in, she said, "Well since we are in here, lets take a peak at the baby." I got to see you again! You are doing so fabulously in there - you are in a perfect birth position (head down, of course), your heart is beating strong, and you've got a great amount of amniotic fluid for swimming. I also got to see your beautiful face. It wasn't as clear as our 3D photos of you, but it was just as sweet. I just love you so much! The doctor said that if I happened to go into labor soon, she would not try to stop it. She said if you were born soon, you would be just as healthy and would probably even be able to go home with us. So you can guess how upset your daddy was when he learned what he had missed! He made me tell him every detail about the visit. Something tells me he won't pick golf over us anymore:)


You are almost 100% ready to enter into the real world. You've got about 1 1/2 to 2 lbs left to gain and your lungs have a little more maturing to do. You are moving around as usual in my tummy, which I always enjoy. I am guessing that you haven't dropped yet, but that is to be expected. The pressure that your growing body is putting on my pelvic area is sometimes unbearable - I have to stop and just take deep breaths. The positive thing about this is that I know it is one of the tell-tale signs of the end. And it's not really an end, per say, but the beginning of something extremely remarkable and exciting- the start of our life with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment