Sunday, July 26, 2009

34 Weeks - Vote for Lidia's Arrival Date to the Left!

All About Us



I'm naked! No, it's not what you think. I am pretty sure I can no longer wear my wedding rings. I wasn't able to fit them on comfortably all day today. When I squeezed them on, it was extremely difficult to get them off. I'm not sure if I like the idea of going the next 6 weeks without my rings. I may have to go purchase a cheap ring somewhere just to wear in the mean time. I will try again tomorrow, but I'm not very hopeful. My toes also look like Vienna sausages. And I definitely can say I am now the proud owner of cankles. The swelling has begun!

Jason and I are sure glad this week is over. It has been one hectic day followed by another. We had a little scare on Tuesday and the doctor wanted to see us immediately to rule out pre-term labor. Everything checked out perfectly, though, so we are good to go! This little girl is getting bigger and bigger, which makes us very happy. The only bad thing about this is that I have to go potty constantly. At mass today, I had to use the bathroom twice. Speaking of going potty, I thought I might have had to go in a bottle in the car this week. Jason was nice enough to drive me to a national conference in Louisville, KY that I presented at this past Wednesday. On our way there, it took us 3 + hours when it should of only taken us 1 and 1/2. We were stopped in traffic two times for accidents. Luckily, we ended up getting there about 20 minutes before it was time for me to do my presentation, thank God! I knew that after this past Saturday was over, we would be smooth sailing for awhile. Jason and I both had to work - me, unfortunately for 11 hours. But no more Saturday work for me until I go back to work after Lidia is born - yay!


We're Ready!

Hi sweet pea. We are soooo ready for you! Look at your room - it's just waiting for you to arrive. And you will be happy to know that mommy read an extremely comforting article today that said babies born between 34 and 37 weeks will be just as healthy as full-term babies. These babies may need some extra time in the hospital and may have some minor health issues, but all in all they will be A. O.K.! Not to say that we'd want you to come sooner than 37 weeks, but if it would happen we can all rest assured that you will be just as perfect as ever. It's just so hard to believe that if you are to go full term, we only have 6 more weeks left to wait. 6 WEEKS!! Daddy keeps wanting to pack the suitcase for the hospital and I think I may actually let him now.

I really notice you noticing your surroundings lately. Angelo barked two times in the middle of the night last night and both times you moved your 5 1/2 pound frame all around. When me or daddy talk directly to you and rub my tummy, you move as well. I am so excited to get my hands on you and kiss you non-stop!

Here is a picture to show you what life will be like when you enter this world. We love to cuddle!

No comments:

Post a Comment