Sunday, May 17, 2009

24 Weeks

All About Us

This week has been extremely low-key, which is much needed sometimes. This weekend was especially delightful because we had no plans. I love having one of those weekends every once in awhile. I spent a lot of time relaxing and Jason spent time checking things off of his house chore to-do list. I joke with him that he has a touch of ADD as he cannot stand to just sit and relax before 9 p.m. He always finds something that he can be doing. I, on the other hand, have the opposite of ADD. Each day this weekend I took a nap - or a "nipper" as Jason and I call it. I hate to say it, but it's one of the things I enjoy doing most. And knowing that in 3 months my nippering will be non-existent makes them that much more enjoyable. My energy level lately has been declining day by day. I can't help but believe it is because I haven't been able to do vigorous exercise since the foot injury. So hopefully I will back on my feet again soon and maybe even develop a smidgen of ADD myself. After all, we've only got 3 months left to prepare for our little lady!

A Pineapple?

I was thinking that we could compare you to a pineapple. Daddy and I bought one today and it looked as though you might be the same size as one. Who knows! I do know that you are inching closer and closer to the 2 pound mark. You are beginning to gain 6 ounces every week from now until you are born, which seems like a lot, but your grandma and I counted today and it would equal about 6 pounds. Don't you worry, you will have no problem putting on those extra ounces as your mommy does very well to feed you. Speaking of food, mommy has yet to learn her lesson - which is that her appetite is a lot bigger than what her tummy can hold at this point. So after I ate a hamburger, a sausage, vegetables, and fries tonight, I am sitting here bloated and unable to move. I can't help but wonder if my fullness is crowding your space as well. One of these days mommy will learn to eat small meals instead of big meals - maybe.

You seem to have found a comfortable position this week. I can't tell exactly what appendage of yours is doing the damage, but my bladder is getting a beating. Before too long, I may have to invest in some depends. This week, your eyebrows and eyelashes are full and in place on that beautiful face of yours. Speaking of your beautiful face, we will get to see it again in 6 short weeks. We have scheduled a 3D/4D ultrasound so we can have a sneak peak of what you look like. Daddy and mommy cannot wait! OK it's time for Daddy to put his hand on mommy's belly to feel you move. We love you Lidia!

No comments:

Post a Comment